My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://beerobsessed.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Great beer store find

On my way to a New Year's eve party, I managed to stop at a great shop named Healthy Spirits, located at 15th and Castro in San Francisco. This place rated well on beeradvocate and I am glad I made the stop.
It is a typical SF corner store, small in size. When you go in and have a look at the beer coolers going down the left side, your jaw will hit the floor. This was the first place in the bay area where I have seen Jolly Pumpkin. There were many, many others but my time there was short. I did also notice some magnums (and larger) of beer as well. I purchased a bottle of Jolly Pumpkin La Roja and a La Trappe Tripel (the seventh out of only seven Trappist Monestaries to produce beer).
I talked to the owner, Ron, who was very cool. Him and his staff of two (at the time) all seemed to have good knowlege of beer.
I rated this place on beeradvocate a 4.5 out of 5 stars....ony because I was in there for such a short time. I can't wait to get back there!

No comments: